Located at the base of the mountain
The Hakuba Gondola Apartments are located directly opposite the Happo Shirikaba ski slope and chairlift, and the Happo One gondola. The premium location provides guests with easy access to the mountain, either for summer or winter. For maximum convenience, ski pass tickets are also sold at the gondola and there are a variety of restaurants and rental shops nearby making eating out and renting skis extremely quick and easy.
– Hakuba is one of the most popular ski destinations in Japan.
– It is located in Japan’s Northern Alps, about 260km (160 miles) northwest of Tokyo, and is easily accessible from the capital city.
– Most importantly, Hakuba provides an abundance of powder snow, averaging over 10 metres (32 feet) of snow each year!
– Hakuba comprises 10 separate ski resorts offering over 200 ski runs.
– The largest and most popular resort is Happo One, the host of the slalom and downhill events at the 1998 Winter Olympics.
– Happo One also has the greatest variety of restaurants and nightlife options.
A door step away to ski field and shops
– Hakuba Gondola Apartments are located opposite the Happo One gondola.
– The apartments look over the Happo Shirikaba ski slope and are close to the village.
– The local free shuttle bus stop is just right next to the apartments; the bus will take you to the other resorts in Hakuba.
– The apartments are close to restaurants, bars and ski rental shops.
DIRECTIONS FROM TOKYO
By Train (~3 hours)
Take Shinkansen from Tokyo Station to Nagano Station (buy a JR pass for best value)
From Nagano Station, take Alpico bus from the East exit to Hakuba (schedule here)
By Direct Bus (~5 hours)
Timetable and costs can be found on each respective website
By Taxi (~3-4 hours)
Book taxi here from wherever you would like to be picked up to Hakuba-mura